East Conemaugh

East Conemaugh Borough lies Northeast of Downtown Johnstown along Pa Route 271. The borough was incorporated in 1868 and as of the 2000 US Census, roughly 1300 people lived there. As one crosses the bridge from Franklin into East Conemaugh, one can get a pretty good idea of what Johnstown was all about in previous years.

The Bridge does cross a narrow stretch of the river, but more importantly is goes over the numerous sets of railroad tracks that used to carry steel, steel-making materials, and other freight into and out of Johnstown.

Comments are closed.